The Seventh Framework Programme (FP7)
BIOPROM is funded by the 7th Framework Programme for Research, Technology and Demonstration of the European Union (FP7). The primary aim of funding the 'Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology' research theme under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) is to build a European Knowledge Based Bio-Economy (KBBE). The KBBE will play an important role in a global economy, where knowledge is the best way to increase productivity and competitiveness and improve our quality of life, while protecting our environment and social model. It is a sector estimated to be worth more than € 1,5 trillion per year. KBBE addresses the following needs:
- growing demand for safer, healthier, higher quality food;
- sustainable use and production of renewable bio-resources;
- increasing risk of epizootic and zoonotic diseases and food related disorders;
- sustainability and security of agricultural, aquaculture and fisheries production;
- increasing demand for high quality food, taking into account animal welfare and rural and coastal contexts and response to specific dietary needs of consumers.
IN 2014, HORIZON 2020, a new funding programme for research and innovation of the European Union will be launched.
Here you can find the official documents!
Watch the presentation to learn more about it: